Do you have questions about franchising with Westside Pizza? Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions, but if you still have questions, please feel free to contact us
General Franchising Questions
Westside Pizza Express restaurants are typically much smaller than Westside Pizza Dine-In restaurants. Westside Pizza Express restaurants range anywhere from 1,000-1800 square feet. Westside Pizza Dine-In restaurants can range anywhere between 1,800-3,000 square feet.
No, experience is not required. Our team has crafted a franchise program that can be successful for both the pizza novice and previous restaurant owners.
The Franchising Process
The franchising process generally takes 45-75 days to complete.
We strive to ensure a smooth process. Here are the steps you can expect:
- Initial Contact: You request information and one of our franchise consultants will contact you to verify information, answer questions, and determine your interest in taking the next step.
- First Conversation: We’ll gather information to determine what your financial capabilities are and which Westside Pizza concept you’re most interested in. We will seek to understand who you are (e.g. skills, lifestyle, overall goals, etc.). Our goal is to determine whether you are an ethical and responsible potential business partner, not just someone looking to buy a franchise. We want partners who believe in the hospitality lifestyle and have a genuine customer service mentality.
- The Questionnaire: You’ll complete a questionnaire for us to review that serves as visual confirmation of our previous discussion. This will help us determine next steps.
- Review of Franchise Documents (FDD): Once you receive an FDD (Franchise Disclosure Document) from us, you can review it thoroughly and ask us any questions you may have. (Our FDD does contain an Item 19)
- Call with our President: You’ll get to have a short, personal talk with our president so that you can get to know each other and align our goals in a way that benefits our future relationship.
- Consultation with an Attorney: We suggest a 2nd pair of eyes to review your information.
- Confidential Information Request Form: You’ll need to complete a Confidential Information Request Form. In this, you will be providing personal information, including driver’s license, social security number, past work experience, health questions, and financial statements. This will all be sent to a third-party company for evaluation and will help the board make the final decision on whether or not to offer you a franchise.
- Decision Time: If you are offered a franchise, it will then be time for you to make a decision. Should you choose to own a franchise, you can be confident that you have taken the necessary steps toward owning a Westside Pizza franchise. If both parties agree, paperwork will be submitted to the Approval Committee.
- Attend a Discovery Day (optional): We invite prospective franchise partners to visit a specific corporate or franchise location and see the business model in action. You will get to meet the staff that will be supporting you throughout the operation of your business. This step often culminates in the signing of a franchise agreement and submitting the franchise fee.